There are many factors to consider when determining what type of facility to build in a specific location: the amount of space available, the amount of traffic, the type of traffic (such as transit), the type of street (such as arterial or residential) and the intended type of cyclists.
Overview of the various types of Bicycle facilities:
Multi-Use Trail (aka Shared-Use Path)
It’s a wide, usually paved path completely separated from motor vehicles.
They’re often built on former railroad corridors, so they have a gentle slope.
A four to five foot wide lane on the road separated from other traffic by a white line and marked by a cyclist symbol. These are commonly found on arterials.
Buffered Bike Lan
A bike lane further separated from the other traffic by a painted buffer on the road.
A bike lane physically separated from other traffic by a curb, different paving materials and/or a lane of parked cars.
A cycle track will be built in along with the First Hill Streetcar.
Sharrows (share the road symbols)
Where the road is too narrow to carve out bike lanes, it is better to install sharrows.
These are symbols with a chevron (upside-down V’s) and a cyclist.
Sharrows send the message to drivers that they should expect bicyclists to be sharing this road with them.
They also help bicyclists positions themselves in the roadway.
Climbing Lane/ Sharrow Combo
Where space is too tight for bike lanes in both directions, you can often find a bike lane on the uphill side of the road (where bicycles are much slower than other traffic) and sharrows on the downhill side (where cyclists’ speed is more comparable to other traffic.)
Bus/Bike Only Roadways and Lanes
Bus/ Bike only roadways and lanes are transit-only lanes which also allow bicyclists.
These provide a space to bike free of cars and trucks.
Bike Route / Connector
A bike route is a route suggested for bicycles to get from one point to another, which could include any combination of bicycle facilities.
They are on bike maps and increasingly marked with on-street signs to guide you along the way.
Any City Street or Sidewalk
Bicycles are vehicles, and they are allowed on any city street.
If you’re new to biking, you’ll probably want to start on quiet side streets and on bike facilities.
Use your good judgment.
Bicycles are also legal on sidewalks, but be sure to yield to pedestrians.
Take a break
After exploring all the different bicycle facilities, you should take break.
Best way to ensure your bike doesn’t have to lay on the ground or against a wall, you should better use one of the bike racks of Sino Concept.
Sino Concepts bicycle parking solutions are safe, secure and attractive.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.
- We Manufacturer Wall Mounted Bike Racks
- Sheffield bike stands
- Bollards: The Diverse Custodians of the High Street
- Sheffield Bike Stands
- 5 New Street Furniture Examples from Sino Concept
- Wall mounted bike rack for garage
- Sheffield bike rack
- How to lock your bike to a bike rack
- How to install a bike rack!
- Home bike racks
- 5 Creative bike racks we love
- Bicycle and Sheffield hoop manufacturer
- 5 little known factors that could affect your neighborhood
- As Winter Rolls in it's time to hang up your bike!
- Outdoor Bike Storage Lockers
- The 1 Square Meter Home is missing a few things
- There Is An Easier Way To Keep You Bike Safe!
- Innovative Bike Parking Racks
- The Differences Between Bike Racks
- Rental Bike Security When Using Spinlister
- New Bicycle Parking Rack Designs!
- Bike Locker Manufactuer and Supplier
- Commercial Bike Rack Manufacturer
- Skate Stoppers Can Save You Money
- Wall mounted bike rack manufacturer
- Bicycle Shelter Manufacturer
- More cyclist's due to nice weather
- Bicycle Repair Stand Choice
- 5 Ways to store your bike at home
- Multifunctional Furniture
- Street furniture for improved health
- Custom Bike Rack Manufacturer
- Luxurious Street Furniture in Rotterdam
- 10 Reasons To Take Up Cycling
- Extreme Street Furniture!
- Bicycle facilities
- How to build your own bike rack?
- Safe bike parking spaces
- Improve Customer Reach By Offering Accessible Bicycle Parking
- What is Yarn Bombing?
- Bollards for Motorbike Security
- 5 Reasons Bike Racks Make Good Business Sense!
- Top 5 Features All Commercial Bike Racks Must Have!
- Make Your Company Bike Friendly
- Staple Bike Rack
- Multi purpose street furniture
- Unique Street Furniture
- Top 5 Street Furniture Designs for your streets
- How can our cities become more bicycle friendly?
- Bike racks help environment protection
- Sheffield Style Toast Rack Bike Racks
- Bike Parking: Give Cyclists What they want!
- Bike Parking Installation and Location
- Commercial bike racks
- 5 Reasons To Ride a Bicycle to Work
- Bicycle Hoop Bike!
- 5 Tips To Securely Lock your E-Bike
- Skateboard Security Racks
- 11 Steps to creating great outdoor spaces
- Different kinds of bicycle racks
- Wood plastic composite bike racks
- What is E-Coating?
- Removable Bollard Manufacturer
- Bollards for Traffic Flow Control
- Use Sino Concept's Cycle Rack in Bike Friendly Cities
- Bicycle Rack Manufactuer
- Cycle Hoop Manufacturers
- E-Coated and Powder Coated Street Furniture
- Crowd Barrier Love Seat!
- Is this the end of the road for the ‘Keep Left’ bollard?
- WPC Great For the Environment Perfect for the City!
- Mayor of Lithuania Get's Tough On Illegal Parking!
- Pedestrian Crowd and Safety Barriers
- A Bike Rack That Combs City Streets
- Sino Concept’s Crowd Barriers at the Center of Tour de France Action!
- Hoop Barriers The Swiss Army Knife of Street Furniture
- Sino Concept Crowd Barriers Keep 2011 Tour de France Safe!
- Beijing Street Furniture
- Bollard O’natural!
- New UK Bollards Will Put The Wind In Your... er... Tires...
Why not see how buying direct from China can benefit your company?
Feel free to contact us to discuss your plans. A quick, simple, phone call may be all it takes to achieve your goals!
Tel: 0086 53 28 57 57752
Before calling check the time in China here.
Office hours: 9:00 - 12:30 and 13:30 - 18:00.
Fax: 0033 (0)1 78 72 90 00
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: best bike rack, bicycle, Bicycle facilities, bicycle parking, bike, bike park, bike parking, bike parking rack, bike parking racks, bike rack, bike rack for sale, bike racks, bike racks for sale, cycle stands, cycle storage, traffic