You can create compost in a heap on the ground, but most gardeners think that containing your compost pile makes it look tidier.
It’s very easy to make compost in a recycled garbage can. Just follow these instructions!
- Punch holes in a garbage can. The microbes that actually do the composting need oxygen to do their work.
- Chop plant debris into small pieces and place them inside the garbage can. Ideally, you should use 50 percent green material and 50 percent dry, but you can use shredded newspaper for the dry material if necessary. You don’t need to fill the can all at one time – just put in the plant material you have on hand.
- Spray water over the chopped plant material inside the can, until the material is damp but not soggy.
- Put the lid on the can.
- Place the filled garbage can on bricks or several 2-by-4-inch pieces of lumber to keep the can off the ground and prevent it from rusting.
- Turn the can as often as daily, or at least once a week. Lay the can on its side and roll it around to mix the plant material inside.
- Add more plant material at any time.
- Keep the compost about as moist as a wrung-out sponge by spraying it with water when the plant material begins to feel dry.
- Harvest your compost after one month. Use a wire screen or piece of chicken wire to strain out the unfinished compost.
Sino Concept is a french owned and operated manufacturer of street furniture, based in China.
Our range includes nice looking litter bins with long lasting durable steel construction.
An internal 50L (13 gallon) galvanized steel liner offers more than adequate room for litter.
Please contact us for further information.
- Sino Concept Introduces New Outdoor Steel Trash Can!
- Outdoor Bin
- Outdoor Trash Bins
- New Additions For Your Skate Park
- 5 Questions for the man who found $13,000 on a trash can
- Multifunctional Furniture
- Street furniture for improved health
- Cigarette Receptacles
- Luxurious Street Furniture in Rotterdam
- Street Furniture Bin Design and Manufacture
- How to make a compost bin?
- A dumpster becomes a home
- Outdoor Cigarette Receptacles
- Bag it, bin it!
- How to recycle a Litter Bin
Why not see how buying direct from China can benefit your company?
Feel free to contact us to discuss your plans. A quick, simple, phone call may be all it takes to achieve your goals!
Tel: 0086 53 28 57 57752
Before calling check the time in China here.
Office hours: 9:00 - 12:30 and 13:30 - 18:00.
Fax: 0033 (0)1 78 72 90 00
E-mail : email@example.com
Tags: bin, bins, bins direct, bubbish bins, durable steel, garbage bins, litter bin, litter bins, outdoor litter bin, pedal bins, recycling bins, refuse bin, sino concept, stainless steel litter bin, steel, trash bins, waste bin, waste bins