Skateboarding, roller blading and BMX riding are all awesome forms of extreme sports which are not only great to watch but also help promote a healthy active life. However, there are a few costly downsides to these sports!
What is a Grind?
One of the most popular to perform and watch stunts which skaters and BMXers accomplish is the grind.
Grinding can be performed in many different ways using either the steel pegs or pedals on a BMX, the deck or trucks of a skateboard or the chassis on roller blades.
Unfortunately the best places to grind, such as the edges of walls, benches, handrails etc are often made of costly decorative materials such as marble, granite, stone or stainless steel!
Skate Stoppers: Speed bumps for walls and rails
The most effective way to prevent skaters using these areas in such a way is to install skate stopper devices.
Skate stoppers are generally made from steel, aluminum, or even plastic and are used on walls and rails at intervals to break of the long smooth edge which lure in skaters.
Installation of Skate Stoppers
If you are installing skate stopper style devices on a new wall or rail, all that is generally needed are a few holes to be drilled for anchoring and strong adhesive applying to fix them in to position.
Skate Stoppers Save Money
Replacing granite or marble slabs which have suffered damage from skaters and BMX riders can cost $10,000’s, where as fitting anti skate protection can cost significantly less.
Skaters Don’t Get Angry!
If there are any skaters out there who are upset about the prospect of their local skate spot receiving skating deterrents, why not contact your local authority and ask them what they plan to do with all that money they have saved by fitting skate stoppers? Perhaps they could make a dedicated skatepark?
Sino Concept Urban Development Products
Sino Concept are a French owned and operated manufacturing specialist of urban development and street furniture products based in China.
We specialize in manufacturing steel and cast products based on are customers designs and specifications.
If you would like to receive more information about our products or receive a quotation for custom made products please feel free to contact us now via our contact form here.
- Bollards for protection in public spaces
- What is hot dip galvanising?
- Why choose hot dip galvanized steel pedestrian guardrails?
- Pedestrian Guardrails Manufacturer
- Sheffield bike stands
- Bollards: The Diverse Custodians of the High Street
- Anti Ram Bollards manufacturer
- Street Furniture Bringing a Splash of Colour to Urban Landscapes
- Do you know the origin of the word bollard?
- Speed Tables
- 5 Top Uses of Removable Bollards
- Sheffield Bike Stands
- 5 New Street Furniture Examples from Sino Concept
- Steel Planters
- Street Bench manufacturer
- How to install a bench
- How to install a bike rack!
- What is Corten Steel?
- Environmental Street Furniture
- Metal Benches
- Bollard Manufacturers in China
- New Additions For Your Skate Park
- Fences would make for better public golf courses
- Illuminated Bollards of Blackpool
- Innovative Bike Parking Racks
- Euro Cup Crowd Safety
- The Differences Between Bike Racks
- Functionality Of Street Furniture
- Rental Bike Security When Using Spinlister
- Commercial Bike Rack Manufacturer
- Skate Stoppers Can Save You Money
- How can our cities become more bicycle friendly?
- UK Bollard Lighting
- CAD (computer aided design) Bollards
- Types of bollards
- 18 Places you will find bollards
- How to Install Bollards
- Pedestrian barrier and temporary hoarding what is the difference?
- Bike racks help environment protection
- Sheffield Style Toast Rack Bike Racks
- Bike Parking: Give Cyclists What they want!
- Bike Parking Installation and Location
- Commercial bike racks
- 5 Reasons To Ride a Bicycle to Work
- Bicycle Hoop Bike!
- 5 Tips To Securely Lock your E-Bike
- Skateboard Security Racks
- Textured Pavement
- What are road 'Bump-Outs'?
- Alternate Traffic Calming
- Traffic Calming Measures and Regulations
- How To Drive in a Traffic Circle or Roundabout
- Green by Nature
- Raised Intersections
- Raised Crosswalks
- Visirail Manufacturer
- High Visibility Pedestrian Guardrails
- 11 Steps to creating great outdoor spaces
- Top 10 Traffic Calming Solutions
- What are Chokers?
- What are Neckdowns?
- Why Do We Use Roundabouts?
- Intertraffic Amsterdam
- Roundabouts vs. Traffic Circles
- Top reasons to visit Intertraffic
- Complete rubber roundabouts
- Different kinds of bicycle racks
- Improve Traffic Flow and Safety By Removing Traffic Lights!
- Intertraffic Amsterdam 2012 is on the way
- Bollards UK
- Top 5 traffic calming devices
- Wood plastic composite bike racks
- What is E-Coating?
- WPC decking, summer houses and extensions
- Bollard reflective tape
- Post and Chain Bollards
- Solar Paint Turns Bollards to Power Stations
- Why Powder Coat?
- Bollard lights
- Bollard covers
- Where can we use bollard lights
- 12 Days of Sino Concept Christmas
- Top 5 reasons to powder coat
- Uses of lighting bollards
- Movable, Collapsible and Automatic Bollards
- What are bollards? What are bollards used for?
- Sino Concept Introduces 2 New Bollard Styles
- Removable Bollard Manufacturer
- Bollards for Traffic Flow Control
- Bollards Keep Up To Date With Today’s Design Trends
- Why and how to use bollards?
- 50 Uses of bollards
- Use Sino Concept's Cycle Rack in Bike Friendly Cities
- Security Barriers, Barricades and Road Blockers
- Bicycle Rack Manufactuer
- Cycle Hoop Manufacturers
- Fixed and Removable bollards and Security Bollards
- RAL and Pantone Colour Choices
- Bollard Materials and Uses
- E-Coated and Powder Coated Street Furniture
- Pedestrian guardrail and handrail manufacturer
- Professional Salt Spreader Manufacturer
- Is this the end of the road for the ‘Keep Left’ bollard?
- Sino Concept Guard Rails
- Composite Wood: Not Just Decking!
- WPC Great For the Environment Perfect for the City!
- WPC lumber will see huge growth through 2011
- 5 Reasons to choose Composite Decking
- Advantages of Wood Plastic Composite Decking
- WPC Is Better Than Natural Wood: Wooden 'iPad' Block Used To Dupe Woman From $180
- Why Wood Plastic Composite?
- What Makes Wood Plastic Composite Great For The Outdoors?
- Sino Concept's Wood Plastic Composites
- What is WPC? Wood Plastic Composite
- It’s a dirty job so why not let Sino Concepts custom trash can do it?!
- Mayor of Lithuania Get's Tough On Illegal Parking!
- Sino Concept Launches New 'Shanghai Railing'
- Examples Of Beautiful Street Planning and proper use of Street Furniture
- Internet Bollards At China's Computer Cities
- British Prime Minister £10 million Package To Repair Riot Damaged Streets
- New York Concrete Bollards are Bust!
- A Bike Rack That Combs City Streets
- Let's Talk Trash
- "Temperamental" Automatic Bollard Cancels Local Race
Why not see how buying direct from China can benefit your company?
Feel free to contact us to discuss your plans. A quick, simple, phone call may be all it takes to achieve your goals!
Tel: 0086 53 28 57 57752
Before calling check the time in China here.
Office hours: 9:00 - 12:30 and 13:30 - 18:00.
Fax: 0033 (0)1 78 72 90 00
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org