We have been writing about street furniture and related products for some time and thought that is was about time we wrote the ‘Ultimate guide to bollards’ keep reading for all the bollard information you will ever need!
Our ultimate guide to bollards links to 5o of our most popular and informative bollard related articles over the past 6 months!
If you want to know about steel bollards, stainless steel bollards, anti-ram bollards or even the history of bollards and where the bollard name came from this ultimate guide to bollards is for you!
For many a holiday maker across the UK, Blackpool is the destination having a good time and enjoying a sunny beach without leaving the country, and their street furniture isn’t to bad either! For those of you who are not familiar with Blackpool, the coastal town has a long history of being a fun summer.
To complement our extensive range of high quality steel bollards, we are happy to introduce our all new cast aluminum bollards! At Sino Concept we have already solved many of the corrosion and durability issues associated with steel bollards, thanks to our top quality rust resistant finishes so why have we launched a new cast bollard range.
Kuwait has a highly developed infrastructure with sophisticated communications networks, comfortable hotels, a high standard of education and of course excellent road systems which features excellent street furniture. Bollards on Kuwait’s Streets Bollards in Kuwait are as popular as they are in any large modern urban area.
Throwing old cigarette butts in a regular rubbish receptacle can be extremely dangerous and may even lead to fires! To keep pedestrians and property safe cigarette receptacles and cigarette bollards should be used.
Removable bollards are a great choice for those who are worried about security and safety but also need to keep accessibility in mind. Here are Sino Concept’s 5 top uses of removable bollards for around the city.
The mystery behind why a row of bollards had been installed along George IV Bridge has been solved. Late last year pedestrians and store owners along George IV Bridge were surprised to discover that a row of low concrete bollards had been installed apparently without reason.
Bollards are being installed at local fast food restaurant in the UK to help improve the quality of life for neighboring home, but how? A McDonald’s restaurant in the UK has agreed to install bollards next to their premises, but not to protect property but rather restore public peace.
Sino Concept are excited to announce the opening of our new powder coating facility in China! Learn more and see the video after the jump. Our new powder coating line has already been put through it’s paces, generously coating our best-selling sphere bollards.
If you are a regular reader of the Sino Concept blog you have likely come across our praise for the anti ram bollard! And now we have video proof that bollards can one day save your life!
In the City of Greater Geelong there are a number of bollards with advanced timber rot will need to be replaced over the coming months. Maintenance City Hall has begun drawing up a contract for the vital maintenance of the timber art pieces, which are a key attraction on the city’s foreshore.
Sino Concept presents a huge range of high quality bollards for commercial and industrial premises. Usage Bollards are typically used to control vehicle access temporarily or permanently, and can protect the property from ram raids.
Securing the outside of your home or business is as simple as adding a few tough yet attractive bollards, but what’s the best way to fit them? We have 5 great tips for installing bollards right here!
Create an easy visible motorbike and bicycle parking area through the use of highly reflective bollards. Local authorities in the UK are currently working on a scheme to improve motorbike, scooter and bicycle parking. Local residents have worked closely with council committee’s to create safe parking bays for cyclists and motorbike riders.
A bollard is a vertical post commonly used to provide protection, guide automobile and pedestrian traffic and highlight walkways. Also known as bumper posts or pipe guards, bollards are often found at malls, supermarkets, hotels, stadiums, arenas, restaurants and other public and private facilities.
Easy to maintain and to install, bollard covers can improve the facility appearance of worn bollards. Bollards are cylinder shaped objects that stand a few feet tall. They are typically made of durable metals like aluminum, iron or steel and are sometimes filled with concrete.
Security is a constant worry for shop owners. Putting the right measures in place to prevent potential robbers gaining entry, or at the very least slow them down, is essential. Positive effects generated through the use of bollards Shutters and gates are common but so are bollards.
We have already spoken about the numerous functions bollards can provide, but did you know they can also help promote a healthier lifestyle? Bollards are a very versatile form of street furniture Bollard Uses Traffic calming. Traffic safety. Perimeter protection. Vehicle and property protection. Security. Bike parking. Lighting. Decoration. ETC.
We’ve seen some odd bollards over the years. From bollards straight out of your nightmares to more attractive and functional designs, but this is the first time we have seen a Cyclops Bollard!
Bollards used on pavements actually come from cannons captured during the Napoleonic war. The cannons were apparently stuck in the ground with a cannon ball on the top – and the design has remained ever since.
Setting a concrete bollard is not a big deal. These guys obviously chose the wrong parking space for there car. Sino Concept explains how to install bollards properly. The usage of a bollard A bollard is a short post or column installed as a protection barrier as well as a decorative one.
New removable bollards have been installed at a graveyard in the UK to prevent inconsiderate parking. Staff at a privately-run cemetery in the UK are pleased at the local councils decision to install a set of removable bollards on the grounds.
Removable bollards add security, safety and value to inner city areas, by creating safer to navigate streets free of unwanted traffic. Where do we find removable bollards? Removable bollards are most often used outside of shops, stores and public buildings such as libraries and hospitals.
When we think of anti ram protection, the first thing which springs to mind is the mighty bollard, however there are other, equally effective means of protecting property.
Bollards lighting can be both decorative and practical, the possibilities of bollards lighting are endless! Bollard lights, or bollard lighting can be used to illuminate a path, highlight a garden feature to to outline a specific area.
Sino Concept design and develops all our bollards with advanced CAD (computer aided design) software to ensure perfection and quality. Advantages of CAD for Bollards Production details can be extracted directly from the drawing. Absolute accuracy can be maintained.
Bollards are simple structures which have changed very little in the hundreds of years they have been in use. Here are some types of bollards.
Bollards are very useful and are super versatile! Here are 18 places/uses for the common street furniture accessory the bollard! 18 Places you will find bollards.
Bollards are a very simple and effective way to add security and protection to streets. Fitting bollards is as simple as install a fence, however some people do still get it wrong. Fitting steel bollards is a quick and simple process, which should take experienced construction workers just a few hours or so.
Bollards are simple structures which have changed very little in the hundreds of years they have been in use. Here are 5 reasons why we use bollards. 5 Reasons: Governments extensively use bollards for control of both vehicles and pedestrian traffic, especially in the more crowded areas of cities.
A bollard light is a type of outdoor lighting encased in a vertical post at ground level. Where is bollard lighting used? Today’s bollard lighting can be cylindrical, square or any other basically vertical shape that is used to house outdoor lights.
Bollards have been used for centuries as barriers around buildings. Here are the introduction of bollards history and construction. History Bollards, as functional street furniture, began with the Romans who constructed milestone markers, horse troughs, and tethering posts made of wood or stone.
Ensuring a guarded traffic of people inside a building and keeping its outside areas protected is now achievable with ease and style. Thanks to the invention of decorative bollards. Establishments of different industries can now be protected without being visually unappealing in the eyes of many.
Bollards become very useful in many areas, and have are so versatile they can be used in a number of ways. Bollard use Bollards are primarily used to protect a footway area from access by vehicles.
Bollards are simple structures which have changed very little in the hundreds of years they have been in use. What are the uses of bollards? What are the uses of bollards? Governments extensively use bollards for control of both vehicles and pedestrian traffic, especially in the more crowded areas of cities.
Bollards come in various sizes, designs, materials and for numerous purposes. Here are some bollard facts and details. Bollard Materials Bollards are often made from steel, or cast iron, stainless steel, however there are also plenty of concrete, WPC (wood plastic composite), wood, and even rubber bollards in daily use.
Bollards have been used for centuries as barriers around buildings, however bollards with reflective tape can be found in more areas around town than before. Why use reflective tape Reflective tape provides enhanced visibility in poor lighting conditions and at night to enable vehicles to navigate more safely through routes that are demarcated by bollards.
The prominence of bollards has dramatically increased during the past decade due to heightened concerns about security. Bollards with chain The use of chains with standard bollards can add pedestrian control without overly changing the design of the bollards themselves.
Bollards lights are becoming more and more popular in recent years, and offer some superb benefits over traditional outdoor lighting. What is a bollard light?
Bollard Covers are a protective sleeve that easily fit over your existing bollards to give them a fresh look, decoration or protection. What are bollard covers?
A bollard light is a type of outdoor lighting encased in a vertical post at ground level. These versatile outdoor lights can be used in many different ways. Where can bollard lights be used?
Steel bollards can be used for the control of pedestrian and vehicular traffic in busy city streets and shopping areas. Governments and city planners extensively use bollard for the control of both vehicles and pedestrians, which are especially useful in larger, more crowded cities and towns.
Bollards are the obvious street furniture choice for protecting property or the public, but what about for traffic control? Everyone hates to be stuck in traffic jams, but getting stuck in traffic when the flow of vehicles is unclear and confusing can be even more infuriating!
We manufacture all of our excellent bollards in China in our own factories. Sino Concept have been manufacturing bollards in China for years. We know how to make excellent quality bollards which will add valuable protection to any city, while looking fantastic in the process.
As fashions and trends come and go there are always certain items are constantly popular. In clothing these items are denim jeans or a black dress, but for the street furniture industry we have the bollard.
Governments extensively use bollards for control of both vehicles and pedestrian traffic, especially in the more crowded areas of cities. People may not be normally aware of their use, so they are always marked with the appropriate signs to give the public the proper information.
Sino Concept bollards come in all shapes, sizes and designs. We can make them to suit all landscapes and uses. From improving the look of the environment to the securing premises, our bollards will fit the bill.
There are numerous different bollards on the market at the moment, each with it’s own unique qualities and strengths. Keep reading to learn which bollards are suitable for your application.
The high tensile strength of steel bollards makes them one of the most suitable anti-ram and security street furniture products we manufacture. Sino Concept Manufactures Bollards In Our Own Factories in China!
“Ram-raid victim stands by ‘great community’”, “Teen crime gang steals cars, ram raids two pubs”, “Store ram raided”. These are just a few of the headlines from over the past few days!
Bollards come in many forms and have various names, anti-ram bollard, parking post, street post etc. We see them everywhere we go from our own streets to the local supermarket and everyplace in between. But what are bollards for? What can bollards be used for?
Sino Concept French Bollard Manufacturers in China!
Sino Concept are a French owned and operated manufacturer of bollards based in China. All of our bollards and street furniture products are manufactured from high quality steel and are made to our high standards.
If you would like more information about out bollards, or bespoke bollard manufacturing service please feel free to contact us now via our contact form here.
- Bollards for protection in public spaces
- What is a crowd safety barrier?
- Should I fill bollards with concrete for extra protection?
- Methods of joining steel and where we use them
- Industrial subcontracting in China Video
- 5 reasons for hot dip galvanising
- Sino Concept hot dip galvanising video!
- What is hot dip galvanising?
- What is good hot dip galvanised steel?
- Why choose hot dip galvanized steel pedestrian guardrails?
- How to install a pedestrian guardrail
- Steel pipe bollards
- Galvanized Steel Bollards
- We Manufacturer Wall Mounted Bike Racks
- Manufacture your products in China with us!
- Steel Storage Containers
- Pedestrian Guardrails Manufacturer
- Sheffield bike stands
- 5 Steps to traffic calming in your neighborhood
- Bollards: The Diverse Custodians of the High Street
- Anti Ram Bollards manufacturer
- Street Furniture Bringing a Splash of Colour to Urban Landscapes
- Do you know the origin of the word bollard?
- Speed Tables
- Anti-terrorism litter bins
- Custom Made Bollards
- 5 Top Uses of Removable Bollards
- 5 Of The Worlds Most Awesome Barriers
- Shocking 3D illusions or speed cushions to slow traffic?
- Hyundai Vs. Store Window! Why you should install bollards!
- Sheffield Bike Stands
- 5 New Street Furniture Examples from Sino Concept
- Steel Planters
- Street Furniture Installation
- Wall mounted bike rack for garage
- Street Bench manufacturer
- Sino Concept Introduces New Outdoor Steel Trash Can!
- Sheffield bike rack
- How to install a bench
- Pedestrian Guardrail Manufacturer
- How to install a bike rack!
- Contemporary Benches
- What is Corten Steel?
- Street Bollards
- Outdoor Bin
- Home bike racks
- Environmental Street Furniture
- Stainless Steel Bollards
- Modern Benches
- Metal Benches
- Outdoor Trash Bins
- Sino Concept Visibility Compliant Bollards Video
- Bollards and barriers
- Pedestrian Barriers
- Tree Benches
- Security Bollards
- Parking Bollards
- Bollards you have to see!
- Why manufacturing street furniture is a lot like making a great cake!
- 5 Creative bike racks we love
- 5 Reasons Why We Need More Benches
- How to end bad parking!
- Lion on the loose in the UK time for some barriers and fences!
- The Zen of rush hour traffic!
- 5 little known factors that could affect your neighborhood
- How safe is your street from speeding drivers?
- 5 Warning Signs That You Need Bigger Bollards!
- 5 uses of Sino Concept's Expanding Barriers
- No Need To Paint Our Powder Coated Bollards!
- High Quality long lasting rubber speed cushions
- Fresh from the factory! Visibility Compliant Bollards
- 5 Places You Should Use Bollards
- Outdoor Bike Storage Lockers
- 5 Reasons We Don't Use Pre Hot Dipped Tubing
- How To Powder Coat The Sino Concept Way!
- 3 Barriers and Border You Wish Sino Concept Had Designed!
- Bollards Are Only As Good As There Installation!
- Floods in Beijing May Have Been Less Destructive with Bollards and Guardrails!
- Bollard Manufacturers in China
- Removable bollards designed for speed, safety and security!
- Ultimate Guide to Bollards!
- World Class Street Furniture Manufacturers!
- New Additions For Your Skate Park
- Fences would make for better public golf courses
- Is it a bird...? Is it a plane…? NO! It’s a Volkswagen.
- Outdoor Seating Manufacturer
- 5 Questions for the man who found $13,000 on a trash can
- Illuminated Bollards of Blackpool
- There Is An Easier Way To Keep You Bike Safe!
- Innovative Bike Parking Racks
- Euro Cup Crowd Safety
- The Differences Between Bike Racks
- Ornamental Wrought Iron Fencing Manufacturer
- Functionality Of Street Furniture
- Sino Concept Introduces New Cast Aluminum Bollards
- Rental Bike Security When Using Spinlister
- Bollards on Kuwait’s Streets
- New Bicycle Parking Rack Designs!
- Street Furniture in Qatar
- Street Furniture in DUBAI
- Bike Locker Manufactuer and Supplier
- Commercial Bike Rack Manufacturer
- Skate Stoppers Can Save You Money
- This Road Needs Safety Guardrails!
- Funny road signs
- Multifunctional Furniture
- Street furniture for improved health
- Cigarette Receptacles
- Hidden meanings of road signs
- Ramp Manufacturer
- Luxurious Street Furniture in Rotterdam
- Street Furniture Bin Design and Manufacture
- Intertraffic 2012 in Amsterdam
- How to make a compost bin?
- A dumpster becomes a home
- Bollards installed to protect historic bridge
- Bollards Bring Peace To Local Community
- Bus Bench Advertising
- Porous Asphalt
- Eco Bench
- Bollards Save Girl’s Life!
- Geelong's iconic waterfront bollards rotting away
- Extreme Street Furniture!
- Guerrilla Benching!
- Will Apple’s new iPad HD draw in the crowds?
- Signs furniture
- Outdoor Cigarette Receptacles
- Where to buy bollards?
- Bag it, bin it!
- Top 5 Bollard Installation Tips!
- What is Yarn Bombing?
- Bollards for Motorbike Security
- 10 Places and reasons manhole barriers should be used!
- What you need to know about bollards
- Sino Concept Pedestrian Guardrail Test Video!
- How to improve facility appearance with bollard covers
- How to protect your store against crime
- Bollard Ashtrays
- How Street Furniture Promotes A Healthier Lifestyle
- First Recycled Rubber Bollard
- Cyclops Bollards!
- Who invented the bollard?
- How to install concrete Bollards
- Valentines Day Street Furniture
- Multi purpose street furniture
- Unique Street Furniture
- Bollards installed to protect graves
- Britain’s Bus Shelters Smell Like Baked Potatoes!
- Removable Bollard
- Top 5 Street Furniture Designs for your streets
- Why is WPC better than other materials?
- How can our cities become more bicycle friendly?
- Traffic Calming Furniture
- UK Bollard Lighting
- CAD (computer aided design) Bollards
- Types of bollards
- 18 Places you will find bollards
- How to Install Bollards
- 5 Reasons to use bollards
- 5 Reasons to choose WPC decking
- Where to use bollard lighting?
- The encounter between speed cushion and rocket car
- Pedestrian barrier and temporary hoarding what is the difference?
- Bike racks help environment protection
- Chinese Spring Festival Safety
- Speed Ramps
- Sheffield Style Toast Rack Bike Racks
- Bike Parking: Give Cyclists What they want!
- Bike Parking Installation and Location
- Commercial bike racks
- 5 Reasons To Ride a Bicycle to Work
- Bicycle Hoop Bike!
- Bollards: the street furniture that protects you!
- Traffic Circles Traffic Calming
- 5 Tips To Securely Lock your E-Bike
- Skateboard Security Racks
- Textured Pavement
- Traffic Calming Australia
- What are road 'Bump-Outs'?
- Alternate Traffic Calming
- Traffic Calming Measures and Regulations
- How To Drive in a Traffic Circle or Roundabout
- Green by Nature
- Raised Intersections
- Raised Crosswalks
- Visirail Manufacturer
- High Visibility Pedestrian Guardrails
- 11 Steps to creating great outdoor spaces
- Top 10 Traffic Calming Solutions
- What are Chokers?
- What are Neckdowns?
- Why Do We Use Roundabouts?
- Intertraffic Amsterdam
- Roundabouts vs. Traffic Circles
- WPC helps the environment
- Top reasons to visit Intertraffic
- Complete rubber roundabouts
- Bollard use
- Different kinds of bicycle racks
- Traffic calming schemes
- 10 Reasons to Love Rubber Speed Cushions
- Improve Traffic Flow and Safety By Removing Traffic Lights!
- What are the uses of bollards?
- Intertraffic Amsterdam 2012 is on the way
- Using wood actually removes carbon from the environment!
- Bollards UK
- Download Free No Smoking Signs Here
- Top 5 traffic calming devices
- Traffic Calming Measures
- Wood plastic composite bike racks
- What are the uses of bollards?
- How to get a speed hump installed on your street
- Asphalt Speed Hump Construction
- 3 different kinds of barriers
- What is E-Coating?
- WPC decking, summer houses and extensions
- Bollard reflective tape
- WPC extension
- Post and Chain Bollards
- Solar Paint Turns Bollards to Power Stations
- Why Powder Coat?
- Bollard lights
- Bollard covers
- Where can we use bollard lights
- Traffic control
- How does a traffic light detect a car is waiting?
- WPC in winter
- Wood Plastic Composite Features
- 12 Days of Sino Concept Christmas
- 5 Places you will see crowd barriers this Christmas
- The secrets to safer roads
- Top 5 reasons to powder coat
- 5 Reasons WPC is better than wood
- Uses of lighting bollards
- How WPC saves Christmas
- Crowd barriers for your Christmas protection
- Sino Concept Speed Cushions Made from Recycled Rubber
- Movable, Collapsible and Automatic Bollards
- Bollards for vehicle and pedestrian traffic control
- What are bollards? What are bollards used for?
- Sino Concept Introduces 2 New Bollard Styles
- Removable Bollard Manufacturer
- Bollards for Traffic Flow Control
- Bollards Keep Up To Date With Today’s Design Trends
- Why and how to use bollards?
- 50 Uses of bollards
- Sino Concept Delivers the Pros and Removes the Cons from Manufacturing in China!
- Use Sino Concept's Cycle Rack in Bike Friendly Cities
- Sino Concept Street Furniture Manufacturer
- Crowd barriers
- Security Barriers, Barricades and Road Blockers
- Bicycle Rack Manufactuer
- Cycle Hoop Manufacturers
- Fixed and Removable bollards and Security Bollards
- RAL and Pantone Colour Choices
- Bollard Materials and Uses
- E-Coated and Powder Coated Street Furniture
- Pedestrian guardrail and handrail manufacturer
- Hot Dip Galvanised Safety Barriers.
- Steel Bollards
- National 'Car Free Day' China
- Crowd Control Barriers and Barricades
- Urban Design and Ergonomics
- Bollard Thwarts Ram-raiders in New Zealand
- Bollard Manufacturer
- Professional Salt Spreader Manufacturer
- Staffordshire Bollards Become an Internet Sensation!
- Crowd Barrier Love Seat!
- Is this the end of the road for the ‘Keep Left’ bollard?
- Sino Concept Guard Rails
- Composite Wood: Not Just Decking!
- WPC Great For the Environment Perfect for the City!
- WPC lumber will see huge growth through 2011
- 5 Reasons to choose Composite Decking
- Advantages of Wood Plastic Composite Decking
- WPC Is Better Than Natural Wood: Wooden 'iPad' Block Used To Dupe Woman From $180
- Why Wood Plastic Composite?
- What Makes Wood Plastic Composite Great For The Outdoors?
- Sino Concept's Wood Plastic Composites
- 5 Benefits of Wood-Plastic Composite
- What is WPC? Wood Plastic Composite
- It’s a dirty job so why not let Sino Concepts custom trash can do it?!
- Keep your garden neat and tidy the Eco-friendly way with our Rubber Tree Rings!
- Mayor of Lithuania Get's Tough On Illegal Parking!
- Sino Concept Launches New 'Shanghai Railing'
- Examples Of Beautiful Street Planning and proper use of Street Furniture
- Internet Bollards At China's Computer Cities
- British Prime Minister £10 million Package To Repair Riot Damaged Streets
- New York Concrete Bollards are Bust!
- Street Furniture Innovations Improve Pedestrian Safety
- A Bike Rack That Combs City Streets
- Cones Need To Be Good Value But There Is No Excuse for this!
- Sino Concept’s Crowd Barriers at the Center of Tour de France Action!
- Let's Talk Trash
- Hoop Barriers The Swiss Army Knife of Street Furniture
- "Temperamental" Automatic Bollard Cancels Local Race
- Composite Decking: The High-Tech, Low-Fuss Option
- Recycled Rubber Tree Rings Save The Earth
- Sino Concept Crowd Barriers Keep 2011 Tour de France Safe!
- Beijing Street Furniture
- Paris Downtown Downhill Bike Race Makes Great Use Of Crowd Barriers
- Hideous ‘Doctor Who’ Child Bollards Cause Parent Outcry!
- Bollard O’natural!
- Powder Coating Process Of Our Street Furniture
- We've Got Big Balls...
- The role of the bollard
- Quality Control Process For Our Bollards
- Manufacturing Beer Table Sets: Sino Concept’s Step by Step Process
- Getting Carried Away!
- This Street Sign Furniture Takes On a Whole New Meaning Of 'Street Furniture'!
- Manhattan Bridge Installs Huge Chrome Bollards
- 5 Celebrity Street Bollards
- 2011 Tour de France Gears Up
- Intertraffic Trade Show Heading To Beijing This September
- On My Way To Work: discover our range of barriers