When we here the news that traffic accidents are on the increase due to speeding drivers most people jump to the conclusion rubber speed bumps are the answer, but this is not always true!
As a real life example and one I can witness on a daily basis, rubber speed bumps installed on the road outside my home have actually made the road more dangerous to both drive on and cross!
Why were these speed bumps installed
Outside my home there is a rather long and very well maintained road. It is free from traffic during the weekends and evenings and there are were no traffic calming measures or speed cameras.
Not only did racers enjoy breaking the speed limit along this road, but local car showrooms would bring test drives along the road to demonstrate how these expensive cars can hand-break turn, accelerated from 0-100kmh and generally drive like a bunch of idiots!
So due to the problem with dangerous and speeding drivers local residents requested speed bumps to be installed to slow the traffic down and deter dangerous driving, but it has only made matters worse!
Why is the driving more dangerous now?
There are many problems with the choice to use long speed bumps to slow down drivers, so it is difficult where to start so I’ll write the problems in no specific order as each one is as important as the next:
There are no warning signs!
The speed bumps have been installed but there is no warning to tell drivers that they are there! So, drivers who are use to flying down the road and break neck speeds continue to do so until they are forced to slam on their breaks to slow down!
This alone has caused one accident this week!
The installation hasn’t been thought out!
Then there is the problem with the installation. Two two length rubber speed bumps have been installed right after one another on either side of the road in a staggered arrangement.
This causes two problems:
- Cars slow to an almost stand still when driving over them increasing the chance of rear end collision.
- Most drivers just avoid the bumps altogether and drive on the opposite side of the road while maintaining there already high-speed!
The wrong tool for the job
So we have a traffic calming solution which has actually created an even more dangerous driving environment what should have been done?
Rather than using long length speed bumps, speed cushions should have been installed across the entire length of the road, this would not only slow traffic down but would also prevent drivers from driving on the wrong side of the road!
Rubber speed cushions are also better for emergency service vehicles as they can straddle the cushion and not need to slow down while on call.
Sino Concept Rubber Speed Cushions
Sino Concept are a French owned and operated manufacturer of rubber speed cushions based in China.
If you would like more details about Sino Concept’s range of rubber traffic calming products please feel free to contact us now via our contact form here and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
- Pedestrian Guardrails Manufacturer
- Speed Cushions Design
- Speed Tables
- Traffic calming history- USA speed bumps
- Shocking 3D illusions or speed cushions to slow traffic?
- Hyundai Vs. Store Window! Why you should install bollards!
- Speed Cushions Vs. Speed Tables
- Speed Cushions The Super Heros of Traffic Calming!
- Sino Concept Rubber Speed Cushion Video
- Speed bumps aren’t always good for traffic calming!
- Bollard Manufacturers in China
- Sino Concept’s Top 5 Speed Cushion Resources!
- Is it a bird...? Is it a plane…? NO! It’s a Volkswagen.
- 5 Reasons Why Batman Would Be Bad at Traffic Calming
- Rubber Speed Cushions Available in Black!
- Sino Concept Introduces New Cast Aluminum Bollards
- Bahrain Grand Prix Safety Barriers
- Street Furniture in DUBAI
- Heavy Duty Event Festival Barriers
- Ultimate Expanding Barrier Quality Test Video!
- Crowd Safety Barriers at this year’s Diamond Jubilee
- This Road Needs Safety Guardrails!
- Funny road signs
- 5 Places You Will Find Event Barriers This Year
- Benefits of road reflectors
- Intertraffic 2012 in Amsterdam
- How to request speed bumps
- Bollards installed to protect historic bridge
- Singing Road
- Bollards Save Girl’s Life!
- How to buy and choose Crowd Barriers
- Difference between Speed bump, hump and cushion
- Studies about traffic calming measures
- Vernon Council started to price speed bumps
- Traffic Calming Benefits
- What is traffic calming?
- Traffic calming history- Europe
- Bollards for Motorbike Security
- Smart Traffic Lights For Safer Roads?
- Traffic calming tools
- Sino Concept Pedestrian Guardrail Test Video!
- How Street Furniture Promotes A Healthier Lifestyle
- Cyclops Bollards!
- Multi purpose street furniture
- Unique Street Furniture
- Anti Ram Property Protection
- How can our cities become more bicycle friendly?
- Traffic Calming Furniture
- Types of bollards
- 18 Places you will find bollards
- How to Install Bollards
- Intertraffic Amsterdam 2012
- Busy streets can be safer!
- The encounter between speed cushion and rocket car
- Chinese Spring Festival Safety
- Speed Ramps
- Bollards: the street furniture that protects you!
- Traffic Circles Traffic Calming
- Textured Pavement
- Traffic Calming Examples and Ideas
- Traffic Calming Australia
- Alternate Traffic Calming
- Traffic Calming Measures and Regulations
- How To Drive in a Traffic Circle or Roundabout
- Raised Intersections
- Raised Crosswalks
- Visirail Manufacturer
- High Visibility Pedestrian Guardrails
- Speed Humps
- Top 10 Traffic Calming Solutions
- What are Chokers?
- What are Neckdowns?
- Why Do We Use Roundabouts?
- Intertraffic Amsterdam
- Roundabouts vs. Traffic Circles
- Top reasons to visit Intertraffic
- How to approach UK Roundabouts
- Complete rubber roundabouts
- Rubber Roundabouts
- 10 Reasons to Love Rubber Speed Cushions
- Improve Traffic Flow and Safety By Removing Traffic Lights!
- Intertraffic Amsterdam 2012 is on the way
- Bollards UK
- Top 5 traffic calming devices
- What are the uses of bollards?
- How to get a speed hump installed on your street
- Rubber Speed Cushions
- Rubber Speed Cushions
- UK Speed Cushion Supplier
- Bollard reflective tape
- Post and Chain Bollards
- Bollard lights
- Bollard covers
- Where can we use bollard lights
- Traffic control
- Traffic signals
- How does a traffic light detect a car is waiting?
- 5 Speed Cushion Details
- Speed cushion traffic calming
- Hi-Tech Traffic Calming is Closer Than You Think
- Glass bowl reflectors
- 12 Days of Sino Concept Christmas
- Rubber Speed Cushions
- Uses of lighting bollards
- Rubber Speed Cushion
- Speed Cushion and Emergency Services
- Where did speed cushions come from?
- How To Choose Rubber Speed Cushions
- Sino Concept Speed Cushions Made from Recycled Rubber
- Movable, Collapsible and Automatic Bollards
- Bollards for vehicle and pedestrian traffic control
- What are bollards? What are bollards used for?
- Speed Bumps Produce Enough Power To Run A Cash Register
- Removable Bollard Manufacturer
- Bollards for Traffic Flow Control
- Bollards Keep Up To Date With Today’s Design Trends
- Cyclists Blames Smash on ‘Camouflage’ Bollard
- Why and how to use bollards?
- 50 Uses of bollards
- Sino Concept Delivers the Pros and Removes the Cons from Manufacturing in China!
- Security Barriers, Barricades and Road Blockers
- National 'Car Free Day' China
- Crowd Control Barriers and Barricades
- Bollard Manufacturer
- Staffordshire Bollards Become an Internet Sensation!
- Is this the end of the road for the ‘Keep Left’ bollard?
- Sino Concept Guard Rails
- A Jet Powered Fire Truck?!
- Worlds Longest Cross Sea Bridge Closed Due to Typhoon Muifa
- Pedestrian Crowd and Safety Barriers
- Speed Cushions: The Safer Traffic Calming Option
- Speed Camera Signs Are Being Replaced With ‘Smart’ Radar Signs
- Cones Need To Be Good Value But There Is No Excuse for this!
- Sino Concept’s Crowd Barriers at the Center of Tour de France Action!
- "Temperamental" Automatic Bollard Cancels Local Race
- Sino Concept Crowd Barriers Keep 2011 Tour de France Safe!
- Parking Equipment
- Traffic Delineators and Cones...Oh My
- Assorted Traffic Safety Products
- Are Speed Cushions Sexier Than Jessica Rabbit?!
- Hideous ‘Doctor Who’ Child Bollards Cause Parent Outcry!
- Bruins win the 2011 Stanley Cup! See how Sino Concept’s connected...
- Splat: Biker Hits Pothole
- Manhattan Bridge Installs Huge Chrome Bollards
- 5 Celebrity Street Bollards
- 2011 Tour de France Gears Up
- On My Way To Work
- Foggy Fog
- The Importance Of Customer Satisfaction!
Why not see how buying direct from China can benefit your company?
Feel free to contact us to discuss your plans. A quick, simple, phone call may be all it takes to achieve your goals!
Tel: 0086 53 28 57 57752
Before calling check the time in China here.
Office hours: 9:00 - 12:30 and 13:30 - 18:00.
Fax: 0033 (0)1 78 72 90 00
E-mail : email@example.com