Every year pedestrians all over the world are killed or injured by motorists. As the number of pedestrians increases, so does the need to implement basic, but necessary improvements that are proven to calm traffic and protect citizens.
One such preventive engineering improvement are bollards, also known as street posts. When installed strategically in locations of high pedestrian volume, high crash locations, bus and truck routes and locations with a high population of senior citizens or school children.
Bollards are an effective way to slow traffic and protect pedestrians in the event of a crash and can be even more effective when used in conjunction with rubber speed cushions or speed bumps.
Bollards can be installed in a number of locations with numerous uses:
- Innovative pedestrian-friendly street designs
- Designation of pedestrian and bicycle lanes
- Safety measures to manage vehicular flow
- Securing bike lanes, paths and greenways
- Security for government and financial institutions
- Prevention of parking on sidewalks
Basic traffic calming measures like speed bumps, corner curb extensions and bollards are ideal tools to improve public space and are proven to prevent injuries in the event of a traffic accident.
Bollards can be used to manage and direct the flow of traffic, separate bike lanes from traffic, mark off taxi queuing areas, protect pedestrian space, draw driver’s attention to traffic calming measures, prevent vehicles from parking on sidewalks, test roadway redesign and sidewalk widening and guard against potential terrorist threats.
The most effective bollards are manufactured from either steel or stainless steel, and can be installed via bolting to the ground, or prefrably concreted in to position.
While most bollards are the standard static bollard, there are a huge number of bollards including security bollards, parking bollards, telescopic bollards, concrete bollards, street bollards, removable bollards, traffic bollards and road bollards.
For cyclists, bollards are an invaluable tool to prevent cars from encroaching on bike lanes, separated paths and greenways. Bollards can also alert and slow cyclists and drivers as they approach a hazardous intersection. Bollards are an indispensable security, parking, traffic management device.
Sino Concept bollards manufacturer in China
Sino Concept are a French owned and operated street furniture and custom steel product manufacturer based in China. Our factories specialise in manufacturing high quality steel products based on our customers designs and specifications.
For more details of our steel street furniture and custom products, or to request a quotation get in touch with us now.
- Bollards for protection in public spaces
- What is hot dip galvanising?
- Why choose hot dip galvanized steel pedestrian guardrails?
- Pedestrian Guardrails Manufacturer
- Sheffield bike stands
- Bollards: The Diverse Custodians of the High Street
- Anti Ram Bollards manufacturer
- Street Furniture Bringing a Splash of Colour to Urban Landscapes
- Do you know the origin of the word bollard?
- Speed Tables
- 5 Top Uses of Removable Bollards
- Sheffield Bike Stands
- 5 New Street Furniture Examples from Sino Concept
- Steel Planters
- Street Bench manufacturer
- How to install a bench
- How to install a bike rack!
- What is Corten Steel?
- Environmental Street Furniture
- Metal Benches
- Bollard Manufacturers in China
- New Additions For Your Skate Park
- Fences would make for better public golf courses
- Illuminated Bollards of Blackpool
- Innovative Bike Parking Racks
- Euro Cup Crowd Safety
- The Differences Between Bike Racks
- Functionality Of Street Furniture
- Rental Bike Security When Using Spinlister
- Commercial Bike Rack Manufacturer
- Skate Stoppers Can Save You Money
- Wall mounted bike rack manufacturer
- This Road Needs Safety Guardrails!
- Bicycle Shelter Manufacturer
- Street furniture for improved health
- Cigarette Receptacles
- Custom Bike Rack Manufacturer
- 5 Places You Will Find Event Barriers This Year
- Ramp Manufacturer
- Bollards installed to protect historic bridge
- Bollards Bring Peace To Local Community
- New iPad Launch Brings Thousands of People to City Streets
- Sino Concept's Powder Coating Facility
- Bollards Save Girl’s Life!
- Extreme Street Furniture!
- Guerrilla Benching!
- Outdoor Cigarette Receptacles
- What is Yarn Bombing?
- Sino Concept Pedestrian Guardrail Test Video!
- Bollard Ashtrays
- How Street Furniture Promotes A Healthier Lifestyle
- 5 Reasons Bike Racks Make Good Business Sense!
- Top 5 Features All Commercial Bike Racks Must Have!
- Make Your Company Bike Friendly
- Cyclops Bollards!
- Staple Bike Rack
- Valentines Day Street Furniture
- Multi purpose street furniture
- Unique Street Furniture
- Bollards installed to protect graves
- Britain’s Bus Shelters Smell Like Baked Potatoes!
- Removable Bollard
- Top 5 Street Furniture Designs for your streets
- How can our cities become more bicycle friendly?
- UK Bollard Lighting
- CAD (computer aided design) Bollards
- Types of bollards
- 18 Places you will find bollards
- How to Install Bollards
- 5 Reasons to choose WPC decking
- Busy streets can be safer!
- Pedestrian barrier and temporary hoarding what is the difference?
- Bike racks help environment protection
- Sheffield Style Toast Rack Bike Racks
- Bike Parking: Give Cyclists What they want!
- Bike Parking Installation and Location
- Commercial bike racks
- 5 Reasons To Ride a Bicycle to Work
- Bicycle Hoop Bike!
- 5 Tips To Securely Lock your E-Bike
- Skateboard Security Racks
- Textured Pavement
- What are road 'Bump-Outs'?
- Alternate Traffic Calming
- Traffic Calming Measures and Regulations
- How To Drive in a Traffic Circle or Roundabout
- Green by Nature
- Raised Intersections
- Raised Crosswalks
- Visirail Manufacturer
- High Visibility Pedestrian Guardrails
- 11 Steps to creating great outdoor spaces
- Top 10 Traffic Calming Solutions
- What are Chokers?
- What are Neckdowns?
- Why Do We Use Roundabouts?
- Intertraffic Amsterdam
- Roundabouts vs. Traffic Circles
- Top reasons to visit Intertraffic
- Complete rubber roundabouts
- Different kinds of bicycle racks
- Improve Traffic Flow and Safety By Removing Traffic Lights!
- Intertraffic Amsterdam 2012 is on the way
- Bollards UK
- Top 5 traffic calming devices
- Wood plastic composite bike racks
- What is E-Coating?
- WPC decking, summer houses and extensions
- Bollard reflective tape
- Post and Chain Bollards
- Solar Paint Turns Bollards to Power Stations
- Why Powder Coat?
- Bollard lights
- Bollard covers
- Where can we use bollard lights
- 12 Days of Sino Concept Christmas
- Top 5 reasons to powder coat
- Uses of lighting bollards
- Movable, Collapsible and Automatic Bollards
- What are bollards? What are bollards used for?
- Sino Concept Introduces 2 New Bollard Styles
- Removable Bollard Manufacturer
- Bollards for Traffic Flow Control
- Bollards Keep Up To Date With Today’s Design Trends
- Why and how to use bollards?
- 50 Uses of bollards
- Use Sino Concept's Cycle Rack in Bike Friendly Cities
- Security Barriers, Barricades and Road Blockers
- Bicycle Rack Manufactuer
- Cycle Hoop Manufacturers
- Fixed and Removable bollards and Security Bollards
- RAL and Pantone Colour Choices
- Bollard Materials and Uses
- E-Coated and Powder Coated Street Furniture
- Pedestrian guardrail and handrail manufacturer
- Professional Salt Spreader Manufacturer
- Is this the end of the road for the ‘Keep Left’ bollard?
- Sino Concept Guard Rails
- Composite Wood: Not Just Decking!
- WPC Great For the Environment Perfect for the City!
- WPC lumber will see huge growth through 2011
- 5 Reasons to choose Composite Decking
- Advantages of Wood Plastic Composite Decking
- WPC Is Better Than Natural Wood: Wooden 'iPad' Block Used To Dupe Woman From $180
- Why Wood Plastic Composite?
- What Makes Wood Plastic Composite Great For The Outdoors?
- Sino Concept's Wood Plastic Composites
- What is WPC? Wood Plastic Composite
- It’s a dirty job so why not let Sino Concepts custom trash can do it?!
- Mayor of Lithuania Get's Tough On Illegal Parking!
- Sino Concept Launches New 'Shanghai Railing'
- Examples Of Beautiful Street Planning and proper use of Street Furniture
- Internet Bollards At China's Computer Cities
- British Prime Minister £10 million Package To Repair Riot Damaged Streets
- New York Concrete Bollards are Bust!
- A Bike Rack That Combs City Streets
- Let's Talk Trash
- "Temperamental" Automatic Bollard Cancels Local Race
Why not see how buying direct from China can benefit your company?
Feel free to contact us to discuss your plans. A quick, simple, phone call may be all it takes to achieve your goals!
Tel: 0086 53 28 57 57752
Before calling check the time in China here.
Office hours: 9:00 - 12:30 and 13:30 - 18:00.
Fax: 0033 (0)1 78 72 90 00
E-mail : email@example.com